It's that simple.
At least 6% of everything that's financially given to Life Church is set aside and given away each quarter to organizations and ministries in our local area who are making a difference in people's lives in significant ways.
Why do we do it? Because what we're doing in Hunt Valley is important, but we recognize it's a part of something much bigger that God's doing in our area, our state, and the world. And we want others to know we stand with them to help them accomplish what they've been called to do.
As we carefully and humbly manage what we've been given, and help others, God will take care of our needs. We're totally convinced of this.
- We gave $1,658.29 to i-55 Partnership to assist them in their effort to host Eastern European university students in Ocean City over the summer, help them learn English, experience American culture, and study the Bible in coffee house settings.
- We gave $2,006.41 to Helping Up Mission to help them come alongside men who are working through homelessness and addiction issues in a Christ-centered program setting in Baltimore.
- We gave $1,785.23 to Food For Thought Baltimore County to assist them in providing shelter and food security needs for elementary/middle/high school students in Baltimore County.
In 2019 our goal is give away at least $9,000.00 to four local organizations:
- Quarter 1 (January-March) - Assistance Center of Towson Churches
- Quarter 2 (April-June) - i-55 Partnership
- Quarter 3 (July-September) - Helping Up Mission
- Quarter 4 (October-December) - Araminta Freedom Initiative